The firmware builder subsystem offers its services through a HTTP API. We want to describe the steps involved when it receives such HTTP requests:
- Pull the source code including git submodules from the firmware source code repository.
- Decode the firmware specifications (environment and features) from parameters of the HTTP POST request.
- Amend the source code according to these specifications.
- Pass it down to the cross compiler ("
avr-gcc" or “
- When successful, the HTTP response contains a binary payload representing the “.hex” or “.bin” file to be uploaded to the MCU flash memory.
The format of the firmware builder HTTP endpoint is:
Please have a look at firmware builder development for more details.