Automatic cross posts on Twitter and Facebook

Hi Leute, wir würden gerne unsere Fans kennen lernen! ;-) Wir rätseln gerade wer so nett war und den Twitter-Account hive_eyes eingerichtet hat?!

Unser Facebook-Account dümpelt auch so vor sich hin und da wäre ähnliches - unserenen RSS latest per IFTTT als posts bei Facebook einbinden - genau richtig!

Ah that was me… Just using Twitter as a Rss client. If you’d like the password let me know.

1 Like

Great, do you think this is for Facebook also possible? Should I add you as admin to our Facebook group?

Hi, finally I got it. I added you as “editor” to Hiveeyes’ Facebook page. Feel free to add some automatism – like in the Twitter case – to add new posts from community.hiveeyes.org on Facebook also!

And also feel free to move on Twitter from “unofficial fan account” to “official Hiveeyes account”! ;-)

1 Like

Dear @permagriculture,

as new posts to the Discourse forum started to appear on Redirecting... already, i assume you also connected the Facebook account using IFTTT? Thanks for that!

Can i humbly ask you to have a look at a little detail there? Currently, we are seeing things like:

There’s the URL to some potential image before the actual title of the post. Can we just get rid of this link at this place? If a post actually contains a custom image, it will already get embedded into the card, like seen here:

Thanks again and cheers,
Andreas.

1 Like

The broken image link should be gone now…

1 Like

On the most recent posts to the Facebook page, everything is looking good now. Thanks a bunch, Sam!

Dear Sam (@permagriculture),

as we just have been to Bits & Bäume Konferenz 2018 an der TU Berlin, the Twitter account might happen to receive some PM-like tweets - maybe it also did in the past already?

Maybe you could share the password with us to make us able to receive such things? Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,
Andreas.