Seems to be postponed till August/Sept // 4th international conference on bee and hive monitoring 2020 will take place as digital Zoom Conference, July 13-14, 2020

Hi all,

Next July in Montana the Western Apicultural Society is organizing the 4th International Conference on bee and hive monitoring.

Shall you be interested, take a look to the announce and registration.

4th International Conference on Bee and Hive Monitoring – Western Apicultural Society

2 Likes

It looks like this conference also has been postponed to July 2021.

https://westernapiculturalsociety.org/the-montana-honey-bee-summit/

The Montana Honey Bee Summit (2020 WAS Annual Conference, Technology Demonstrations Field Camp and Hive Monitoring Workshop) has been POSTPONED until July 8-13, 2021 due to COVID-19.

I’ve hoped that the conference will thake place in a digital format. So it would be much easier to participate from Europe. Unfortunately now postponed!

Did you receive an update?
the last information I got was on April 29th and was as follows:

The 4th International Bee and Hive Monitoring Conference will have an online ZOOM conference, July 13-14, 2020 .

The face-to-face meeting of the 4th International Bee and Hive Monitoring group has been rescheduled for Missoula, Montana, July 12-13, 2021.

1 Like

I just got this communication this evening.

4th International Bee and Hive Monitoring (ZOOM) Conference

Zoom Conference, July 13-14, 2020

Pre-Recorded 15 Minute Presentations: Due on or before July 3, 2020

Abstracts for October issue of Bee Culture: Due on or before July 3, 2020

Pre-Conference Presentations and Abstracts: Stored on a University of Montana (UM) Unlisted Channel

Post-Conference Presentations: As approved by each speaker, will be made public on an UM Public Channel

Donation/Registration $20: Events | colonymonitoring.com, Click on Event, and PayPal Donation Button comes up.
[…]

1 Like

Many thanks for letting us know! I wrote an email to the communications and secretary address more than a week ago but did not get any information! Great that it will take place as online conference!

Hope we’ll “meet” there!
:grin:

1 Like

I got this information from Jerry Bromenshenk; I hope it’s ok to share it here public:

4th International Bee and Hive Monitoring Conference_July_ 2020.pdf (232.6 KB)

Sound realy interesting, this detail also:

We also want to start a discussion about forming a professional organization for all of us engaged in these innovative and emerging technologies.

I got no further information or login links till now. Some days ago @marten.schoonman from beep.nl posted in the beep Slack channel

This conference is postponed till August/Sept.

But I got no “officail” canceling information from WAS although I have registered for the conference a time ago. So it seems we will not see us no Monday next week. What a pity!