The S7V8F3 switching step-up/step-down regulator efficiently produces a fixed 3.3 V output from input voltages between 2.7 V and 11.8 V. Its ability to convert both higher and lower input voltages makes it useful for applications where the power supply voltage can vary greatly, as with batteries that start above but discharge below the regulated voltage. The compact (0.45″ × 0.65″) module has a typical efficiency of over 90% and can deliver 500 mA to 1 A across most of the input voltage range.
- input voltage: 2.7 V to 11.8 V
- fixed 3.3 V output with +5/-3% accuracy
- typical continuous output current: 500 mA to 1 A across most combinations of input and output voltages (Actual continuous output current depends on input and output voltages. See Typical Efficiency and Output Current section below for details.)
- power-saving feature maintains high efficiency at low currents (quiescent current is less than 0.1 mA)
- integrated over-temperature and short-circuit protection
- small size: 0.45″ × 0.65″ × 0.1″ (11 × 17 × 3 mm)