I noticed end of November that my node #2 did not send any data. And also our monitoring system sent me an email:
> Betreff: [PROBLEM] Grafana datasource freshness for Open Hive Clemens #2 on elbanco.hiveeyes.org is WARNING! > Datum: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:09:05 +0100 > Von: Cicerops Monitoring > An: Clemens > > ***** Service Monitoring on sublime ***** > > Grafana datasource freshness for Open Hive Clemens #2 on elbanco.hiveeyes.org is WARNING! > > Info: WARNING - Data in hiveeyes_open_hive_clemens:default_2_sensors is stale for 1h or longer > > When: 2018-11-26 20:09:05 +0100 > Service: Grafana datasource freshness for Open Hive Clemens #2 > [...]
A look at the latest received datasets showed that voltage (last column) is ok:
2018/11/26 18:06:05, 8.222, 4.6, 99.9, 3.98 2018/11/26 18:26:05, 8.222, 4.6, 99.9, 3.98 2018/11/26 18:46:05, 8.222, 4.6, 99.9, 3.98 2018/11/26 19:06:05, 8.222, 4.6, 99.4, 3.98
So what’s wrong? I did not change anything.
Because my node #2 is a part of the over all system monitoring, @Andreas bugged me to replace my node with another one because it is now off since a longer time. So I had to have to look whats wrong. ;-)
I found a note with some details about the SIM cards, and here you are:
Tel.-Number: 01573-xxxxxxx Provider: blau.de status: 2018-02-03 - available balance: 15,34 EUR - valide until: 2018-11-26
Ah, I knew this date from somewhere … ok, I have to transfer some money!
Now it’s getting thrilling! We had no contact to the device since end of November. As the GPRS module tries to reestablish a connection multiple times in case of failure, this also might have drained the battery.
So we will see 17:26:05 if we could raise the node from dead or if we have to charge not only the balance of the prepaid card but also the LiPo. But it should be a good opportunity today, it is Sunday! ;-)