Greetings from Vladimir, Russia

Greetings to all hiveeyes community from Vladimir, Russia!

My name is Dmitry Sorokin.
First of all big thanks for this great project, for all the information and knowledge accumulated in code, documentation, and forum.

I was practicing backyard beekeeping from 2008 besides my day work in IT and industrial automation.
I had a little break last few years but in this season I put few families back again.
Now I have two hives already equipped to collect and transmit data.
It is done with ESP32 modules similarly as it is done for ESP8266.
I have two half-weight scales, DS18B20 temperature sensors and some other sensors to be installed.
Mosquitto, Influxdb, Grafana, Kotori are installed on a local Debian Stretch machine and already accepting the data.
What I want to do next:

• prepare more and better scales
  • make the setup more fault tolerant
  • set acquisition machine on Raspberry Pi with external storage
  • retransmit data to hiveeyes cloud (with lower frequency)
  • add more sensors
  • test more firmware (like micropython nodes)

That is the plan and what I got already would not be possible that quick without the hiveeyes’ examples and docs.

So, thanks again and all the best,
Dmitry Sorokin

4 Likes

Dear Dmitry,

while it looks like your post already resonated with us

it just now appears to me nobody actually answered you. I would like to apologize for that.

So – even when being so late on that – welcome to the Hiveeyes community!

Thanks, we appreciate that!

Thanks a bunch for telling us. We are happy that you have been able to make any sense from all of our telemetry and backend infrastructure.

Have you also been able to derive the firmware from anything we published to GitHub - hiveeyes/arduino: Arduino-compatible MCU firmware code for sensor-, telemetry-, and gateway-appliances.? It is a truly collaborative effort – many people contributed to this repository and I would like to take the chance to thank everyone who did so.

Did you also use the canonical GitHub - bogde/HX711: An Arduino library to interface the Avia Semiconductor HX711 24-Bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) for Weight Scales. on the ESP32 actually?

We will also be happy to hear back from you in order to support your further system development if possible.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

Hi again,

You are welcome to join! Please let me know when you are ready to set up a dedicated account for you. We will be happy to add you as a member in order to get some data from Russia into our data collection.

If you are still reading our forum, you might have recognized that we have been getting crazy about MicroPython just recently. The outcome of that is our Terkin-Datalogger which has come quite far so far. We will be happy to get this into more hands in order to improve and stabilize the code base.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

On the hardware side…

… I believe all members here will be interested to see some pictures of your setup and how you did the installation on the hives.