Dear @vinz and @iconize,
apologies for getting back so late to this after initiating our discussion about the integration work some time ago already. I was too optimistic to be able to start the work on that back then, but different things have been able to acquire more attention, some of them might be reflected in the forum while some other things have been happening beyond Hiveeyes and BOB.
Finally: Thank you so much for your valuable information and good to hear that
As I already had imagined, we would have two ways to integrate the Kotori DAQ system with the Unified Beep system, right?
- Make Kotori store the measurement data to an InfluxDB database structure like implemented by Beep to enable Beep directly reading from there as outlined by @vinz.
- Make Kotori forward the measurement data to the designated Beep HTTP data acquisition endpoint as pointed out by @iconize.
The most prominent question which comes to mind: Would you prefer one way or the other to integrate both systems with each other? While saying that, these are my thoughts:
- Personally, I will be happy to implement both ways.
- The second variant (»Make Kotori forward the data to Beep«) would store the data redundantly, so we will have to account for doubling of the storage size. However, as the discrete telemetry data isn’t very dense compared to audio storage, the additional storage cost will probably be neglectable. On the other hand, this would make both systems run independently from each other – the integration would be loosely coupled then. Personally, I would consider this a good thing.
- Besides the basic question, there are obviously more nitty gritty details to probably care about, like how to address multi-tenancy, authentication and associated things.
- I’ve also heard from @caro that you might have been able to integrate both systems already – or did I get that detail wrong?
As I’m a more talkative guy and speech is way more dense than written text, I would like to be able to give both of you a call during the next days. Would you be available for that?
Otherwise, please let me know whether you might have solved all things already or if there are other or leftover things you would like to have addressed by me.
Thanks already and with kind regards,