The ADS1231 is a 24-Bit, 80SPS, 1-Ch Delta-Sigma ADC for Resistive Bridge Sensors & Weigh Scales.
The ADS1231 is a precision, 24-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC). With an onboard low-noise amplifier, onboard oscillator, precision third-order 24-bit delta-sigma modulator, and bridge power switch, the ADS1231 provides a complete front-end solution for bridge sensor applications including weigh scales, strain gauges, and load cells.
The low-noise amplifier has a gain of 128, supporting a full-scale differential input of ±19.5mV. The ADC has 24-bit resolution and is comprised of a third-order modulator and fourth-order digital filter. Two data rates are supported: 10SPS (with both 50Hz and 60Hz rejection) and 80SPS. The ADS1231 can be put in a low-power standby mode or shut off completely in power-down mode.
The ADS1231 is controlled by dedicated pins; there are no digital registers to program. Data are output over an easily-isolated serial interface that connects directly to the MSP430 and other microcontrollers.
The ADS1231 is available in an SO-16 package and is specified from –40°C to +85°C.
- Complete Front-End for Bridge Sensors
- Internal Amplifier, Gain of 128
- Internal Oscillator
- Low-Side Power Switch for Bridge Sensor
- Low Noise: 35nVrms
- Selectable Data Rates: 10SPS or 80SPS
- Simultaneous 50Hz and 60Hz Rejection at 10SPS
- Input EMI Filter
- External Voltage Reference up to 5V for Ratiometric Measurements
- Simple, Pin-Driven Control
- Two-Wire Serial Digital Interface
- Supply Range: 3V to 5.3V
- Package: SOIC-16
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +85°C