Within Maintenance mode galore, we rambled a bit about how to bring a maintenance mode to the Terkin appliance. A spin-off of this is a control component within Grafana – a thing I always wanted to create a dedicated topic for. So, here we are.
1. Requests from the community
Others within the Grafana community are looking into the same direction. We collected some resources about corresponding requests and suggestions.
- Build your IoT frontend with Grafana - Worldsensing TechBlog - Medium
- Can Grafana act as control panel? - Support - Grafana Community
- Invoking "alert-success" toaster from Text html Panel - Support - Grafana Community
- IoT dashboard sends command to sensors - Grafana Community
2. In the wild
Ryan McKinley already deployed such a “Field Display / Editor” component while working on the measurement and control system for Natel Energy. I found two short appearances within Ryan’s presentations.
- Running a Power Plant with Grafana – Ryan McKinley (Natel Energy)
- https://grafana.com/files/grafanacon_eu_2018/Ryan_McKinley_GrafanaCon_EU_2018.pdf, p. 37 ff.