Teensy 4.0

Note: PJRC and their community seem to be pretty busy with R&D work on the Teensy 4.0.

Teensy 4.0 board development

Enjoy:

The board will be based on an i.MX RT1050 Crossover Processor with Arm® Cortex®-M7 core, probably the MIMXRT1052DVL6B.

i.MX Applications Processors

Multicore solutions for multimedia and display applications with high-performance and low-power capabilities that are scalable, safe, and secure.

i.MX Applications Processors | Multicore based on 32-bit and 64-bit Arm | NXP Semiconductors

i.MX RT Series: Crossover Processors

Crossover processors with real-time functionality and MCU usability for next-generation consumer and industrial IoT applications.

The i.MX RT Series is the industry’s first crossover processor, offering the highest performance Arm® Cortex®-M core, real-time functionality, and MCU usability at an affordable price.

i.MX RT Series: MCU/Applications Crossover MCUs | Arm® Cortex®-M7 | NXP Semiconductors

i.MX RT1050

About

The i.MX RT1050 is the industry’s first crossover processor and combines the high-performance and high level of integration on an applications processors with the ease of use and real-time functionality of a microcontroller. The i.MX RT1050 runs on the Arm® Cortex®-M7 core at 600 MHz.

i.MX RT1050 | Crossover MCU with ARM Cortex-M7, 512 KB SRAM | NXP Semiconductors

Features

• Highest performing Cortex-M7
  • 3020 CoreMark/1284 DMIPS @ 600 MHz
  • Up to 512KB Tightly Coupled Memory (TCM)
  • Amazon FreeRTOS support available with MCUXpresso SDK
  • Real-time, low-latency response as low as 20 ns
  • Industry’s lowest dynamic power with an integrated DC-DC converter
  • Low-power run modes at 24MHz
  • Advanced multimedia for GUI and enhanced HMI
    • 2D graphics acceleration engine
    • Parallel camera sensor interface
    • LCD display controller (up to WXGA 1366x768)
    • 3x I2S for high-performance, multichannel audio
  • Extensive external memory interface options
    • NAND, eMMC, QuadSPI NOR Flash, and Parallel NOR Flash
  • Wireless connectivity interface for
    • Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Bluetooth Low Energy, ZigBee® and Thread™
  • Supported by MCUXpresso SDK, IDE and Config Tools

This should actually spark our interest.