The LSH 20 is a 3.6 V primary lithium-thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl₂) high-power D-size spiral cell.
Saft’s LS and LSH cylindrical primary lithium cells ranges, all based on Lithium-Thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) chemistry perfectly suit high-energy and high-voltage requirements in a wide range of temperatures.
The bobbin construction of the LS range enables the maximum loading of active materials and the correspondingly maximum energy. With its remarkably low self-discharge, it perfectly matches long-term (from five to 20 years plus) applications featuring a few µA base currents and periodic pulses, typically in the 5-150 mA range.
The LSH range has a spiral construction and includes specific models that can operate at the very high temperatures found in oil and gas applications, for example. The cells are designed for applications requiring pulses as high as 4 A.
- High operating voltage, stable during most of the application lifetime
- Highest energy density among primary lithium chemistries
- Lowest self-discharge for extended shelf and operating life
- High pulse capability, thanks to well-controlled passivation with limited voltage delay
- Excellent reliability over extended operating life
- 20 year+ design with best quality components and materials
- Wide operating temperature range, matching all environment conditions
- Up to 40 years of mass production, with fully automated process
- Redundant production lines, to optimize supply chain efficiency and mitigate industrial risk
- Low magnetic signature
- Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
- Bobbin construction for the LS range
- Spiral construction for the LSH range
- Cylindrical format: from 1/2AA to D
- Capacity range: 1.2 Ah to 17.0 Ah
- Max pulse discharge rate up to 4 A
- Operating temperature: -60°C to +150°C
- Non-flammable electrolyte
- Compliant with IEC60086-4, IEC60079-11 and UL1642 certified
- Compliant with the European directive RoHS and REACH