Migrating from Node-RED / Blynk to Kotori, InfluxDB and Grafana

Dear Andreas,

I’m starting to look at how to migrate my data to Grafana. I have no experience on Grafana, I currently use TTN (the things network ) in lora and I recover my data in Node Red and then to blynk. I saw that I had to either use InfluxDB or MQTT. Do you have any links that could explain to me how to configure all this? and also how Grafana works. I found things on internet but not exactly what I would like :blush:.
Thanks for your help

christophe

1 Like

Dear Christophe,

thanks for signaling interest in our telemetry- and backend-infrastructure. We will be happy to help you on board, this discussion might also help others to sort out the details about how to run their own data acquisition software stack.

Apart from running the whole machinery on own premises, we would also like to encourage you to submit data to our collective platform on swarm.hiveeyes.org, but this decision is totally up to you! Everything we are doing here is made of open source components.

@Thias and @clemens both have quite some knowledge about our TTN-integration, so I am humbly diverting questions about respective details to them.

Cheers,
Andreas.

Dear Christophe,

thanks for asking! Regarding the TTN-integration, you may want to have a look at the documentation at

So in case you have a running pipeline from your node to TTN you should be able to activate a second HTTP integration at the TTN console and send Data to putsreq and then to swarm.hiveeyes.org.

We have used CayenneLPP for encoding our data so in case you have transmitted data in an other way it may need further adjustments.

With kind regards,
Clemens.

Many thanks Clemens and Andreas. I saw this post but the translation icon said: This post is too long to be translated by the translator :(.
I will try slowly to undersand how it’s work in TTN with HTTP.

First question I Have is: I created an account in Grafana ( done) but How I can create an account in https://swarm.hiveeyes.org/ ?
I think I will have a lots of question in future :slight_smile:
Thanks for your support
christophe

1 Like

Dear Christophe,

I’ve put together some links to get you started. While not everything will match your use-case, it might get you some insights into the system and the variety of possibilities to acquire data from different kinds of sensor nodes using different protocols and telemetry scenarios.

The content within the last topic has been split up to make the translator work again.

We’ve just sent you an invite to this Grafana instance.

Sure, just go ahead and don’t hesitate to ask.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

P.S.: In order to run the whole backend system on your own premises, you might want to have a look at the respective documentation of Kotori at https://getkotori.org/docs/setup/debian.html. We’ve tried hard to make it as easy as possible by providing appropriate software packages from our repository, even for Raspberry Pi and other SBC systems. Some people from our community have already been doing this successfully, see Kotori Setup auf Raspbian Buster – thanks again for writing about it, @techanic!

1 Like

Many thanks Adreas, I will try to understand and increase my knowledge on swarn.hiveeyes.
Thanks again for your support and I will come back if I have any questions
christophe